On 2nd and 3rd December 2016, the Agriculture Coalition organized the Agriculture Coalition’s Strategic Conference- Phase 2017-2020 in Kim Boi, Hoa Binh. The Conference aimed to summarize the activities that need to be done, plan and re-identify development strategies for the Agriculture Coalition in the next phase, specifically 2017-2020/
Delegates at the Conference include all member organizations of the Agriculture Coalition
- Viet Nam Institute for Economic and Policy Research (VEPR)
- The Institute for Studies of Society, Economics and Environment (iSEE)
- Hội Khoa học Phát triển Nông thôn Việt Nam (PHANO)
- Southern Center of Agricultural Policies and Strategy (SCAP)
…as well as other independent researchers such as Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vu Trong Khai, Dr.Nguyen Thi Hong Minh, Dr. Nguyen Van Giap, Dr. Chu Tien Quang
Opening the conference, MSc. Pham Tuyet Mai – Coordinator of the Agriculture Coalition made an opening speech, introducing the aim, the members and expected outcomes of the 2-day conference.
After that, Mr. Pham Quang Tu- Oxfam’s representative updated on Oxfam’s background and policy.
This time, the Agriculture Coalition had the support from Mr. Pham Van Anh- specialist in conference facilitation, outcome summary and strategy building.
The Agriculture Coalition was divided into 3 groups to discuss different topic
- How Viet Nam’s agriculture in 2025 would look like?
- What are the expectations of the Agriculture Coalition of Viet Nam’s agriculture in 2025?
- Vietnamese farmers, who are they? What are they thinking and what are their wishes?
After the discussion, the groups presented the results and received feedbacks from the other groups
At the conference, the Agriculture Coalition agreed on the content of the activities the next year, strategic directions of the Coalition for the right of the farmers and the efficiency of Viet Nam’s agriculture.